Monday, October 10, 2011

Summer 2011

Since I have totally dropped the ball concerning blogging this summer I have decided to post a few of the pictures from our summer adventures in one big post. Skip the stories and just look at the pictures if you get bored. Despite being pregnant and feeling sick all of the time we did do some fun things for Little Blaine's sake mostly! So here goes....

If we go to Aunt Tiffany's house it is a given that we will be riding her 4-wheeler. Blaine's word for 4-wheeler is the same as motorcycle which I can't even begin to spell out his saying of the word. But he LOVES it!! Kicking and crying occurs everytime it's time to go home. He's all boy for sure!
Pushing buttons and touching everything is a must. Being held on by the driver is not going to happen.

We played in the water almost everyday this summer. Blaine loves the water and who wouldn't with the heat that we fianlly encountered after a very long spring. We never made it to a swimming pool due to the fact that I don't own a swimsuit and did not want to buy one in a half-pregnant state. But hoses, sprinklers, buckets, and Grandma's make-shift pool were all that Blaine needed to have hours and hours of fun.

At first he would not walk on the grass barefoot. I guess he takes after his mama because when I was a little girl I would walk like a stink bug on the lawn and did not want to touch it much at all. He got over it after a few times but it was funny to watch.

There's only one other thing that a little boy needs to be satisfied during the summer and that's dirt/sand. Since our whole backyard was growing grass for a few months we got him the famous turtle sandbox and he loved it! We played in it everyday as well.

I love the way he's sucking on his bottom lip in the picture below. The sand box was his own little world. Luckily Blaine has a really fun dad that isn't afraid to get down and dirty and play with the kids. They had some really good times playing outside this summer.

When we couldn't play outside cause mama wasn't feeling good Blaine would find other things to get into. He is a climber! Climbs on chairs, tables, the couch, my bed, anything he can!

Because he climbs on everything we ended up putting a gate up to our kitchen so that he would stay off the kitchen table and out of the silverware drawers.

Here Blaine is wearing Daddy's t-shirt and thinking that it was pretty funny.

Kind of hard to get mad at a grin like that! I'm very grateful for the "lock" button on the fridge water/ice dispenser. It didn't take Blaine long to figure out how to push a chair over to the things he wanted to get to. Pushing those buttons even when it is locked is a favorite while mom cooks dinner.

I don't remember what he was getting into in this next picture but his face says I'm guilty all over it. Pretty cute.

Grandpa Scott brought his diesal truck over for Little Blaine to see and "drive". Blaine is in love with trucks. All trucks really. For weeks we had construction going on at the end of our street and Blaine would hear their beeping back-up horns and beep along with them. He loves it!

However, Grandpa's truck was pretty scary for him. Too close, too big I guess. So I had to help him and be the driver with him. We tried pretty hard to get him to see that it was okay and fun. He was almost convinced by the time it was time for Grandpa to leave. Next time I'm sure he'll be in love.

Please don't look at my yucky pregnant self. Just look at the cute little boy. I love the look on his face in the pic below. Super cute lips!

Little Blaine and Granpa Scott



Above is Blaine's first time eating applesauce all by himself. Super messy but he was so proud of himself and he loved it. I ended up filling that little cup up three times before he was finished. Then we took a bath in the sink.

Blaine loves helping me do the chores around the house. His favorite is mopping and vacuuming with his "tacuum". He will help me put the clothes in the dryer and has to sit up on the dryer to watch me put the clothes in the washer. He'll also go and get a diaper for himself when he's wet or poopy and knows how to put his dirty clothes in the hamper "hampen". I'm going to keep teaching him all these helpful things so that when Ella gets here I'll have a good little helper!

No comments: