Last Monday we were waiting for Blaine to get home from work and since he was getting home late we ate dinner without him and then went out to play outside and work in the yard. When he got home we were busy in the backyard. I was weeding and Blaine was digging in the dirt. Daddy Blaine came out and gave us hugs and played for a minute and then he said "come on, come see this". I had absolutely no idea what he wanted but when he started acting a little strange and excited I started thinking that maybe he had got us a new cat because we have been looking on KSL at different cats. But when we got to the front yard, there sat this new car!! "Who's car is that?" I asked. "It's yours!" "WHAT? Are you serious?" "Yep, is your new car. Do you like it?" "No it isn't!? Is it really mine? Are you serious? Are you lying to me?" "Nope. I have the title right here. Here's the slip from the bank that shows I took out the money for it. It's really yours." By now I'm crying because I'm so excited! I felt like a princess. Nobody has ever bought me something so cool and awesome and amazing before! Everyone always wishes that someone would give them a new car but it doesn't ever happen. Holy crap!!! I was so excited. Blaine was afraid that i wouldn't like it because I hadn't even test-driven a Highlander before but it was very similar to the Pilot and RX300 that we had test driven. Wow!! Awesome!! Disclaimer: About a month ago we were looking for a new vehicle and had test driven a few different things but hadn't found anything that we really liked or could afford. Plus we wanted to get our lawn done so we had decided that we would wait until July to start looking for a new car again. I had joked with Blaine that he could bring a new car home one day but I was totally just joking and never ever thought in a million years that he would actually do it. What a sweetie he is! He said he did it because he wanted to do something really nice for me and really surprise me. Well that he totally did. Now he teases me that I didn't cry when he proposed to me but I did when he brought home a new car. =)
2003 Toyota Highlander 125K miles
1 comment:
Hi friend! :) your car rocks, and so do you!
Post a Comment