Tuesday, October 20, 2009

It's a BOY!!!

Tonight we finally got to find out what the baby is and we're very excited to let you all know that we're going to be the proud parents of a little boy!!!
We were so excited to see the baby on the ultrasound screen. It was the most amazing thing to see his arms, legs, hands, spine, 4 chambers in the heart, 3 blood vessels in the umbilical cord, the placenta in the right spot, and so many other little body parts. He was being a little shy and wouldn't let us get a good look at his face so next month we'll do another ultrasound just to get a better look. Although, the doctor was able to tell that he doesn't have a cleft pallet. According to the measurements my due date could be moved to the 24th instead of the 28th but unless it's a week or more off they don't officially change it so we're sticking with February 28th.
He's about 11 inches long and weighs just under a pound.
Wow! It's so reassuring to see the little body inside of me and see the body that I've been feeling wiggling around inside my belly. It's such a miracle and we feel so blessed.
Mommy Update: I'm still feeling sick most days and throw up every few days with some pretty rough bouts every now and then. I keep hoping that all of this will end soon but feel like it's never ever going to end!! I'm just really grateful that I'm able to go to school and work and get through each day. Thanks to all of our loving and caring friends and family!

5 comments:

Denise said...

Amber, We are sooooo excited for you guys!!!
Baby boys are great!
Uncle Kent wants to bet you $5.00 that your baby boy is born on Feb. 13th!!!!
Bridger wanted me to tell you that "Bridger" is a good name for a boy and Branson wanted me to ask you if you have a name picked out???
Congrat's!!
We love ya
Denise

Bobi said...

So FUN! Now the fun shopping can begin...

Kristin said...

I knew it!!! Well I am sure you are just so excited! I am!! Little boys are So so Sweet!! Congrats! Are you having a baby shower soon? Me want to come!! And what are your names? Hope you are feeling better!

bonnie jack said...

that is the best, when you can see that they are growing just right and look perfect and healthy. then you can relax a bit. sorry you're not feeling better. hang in there.

Tyson & Erin said...

Hey Amber! I saw your blog on Jamie & Brad's. Congrats on expecting a baby boy! That is so exciting. I hope you are feeling better. You should e-mail me at erinjarrett@hotmail.com so I can add you to see our blog. :)